Did you know Fraud and Corruption are not the same thing?
Fraud is the unlawful and intentional misrepresentation which causes potential or actual loss. It is a deceptive act or behaviour that causes harm to obtain benefit.
Corruption is the abuse of power in return of something of value in order to influence an act or decision.
According to the latest South African Police Service statistics, commercial crime has increased by 3.1 % in South Africa and by 5.1 % in the Western Cape alone.
If you know of or suspect fraud or corruption in your department, report it! It’s the right thing to do.
Your reporting options are:
- The National Anti-Corruption Hotline (NACH) – toll-free on 0800 701 701 OR
- The Provincial Forensic Services (PFS)
- Telephone number: 021 483 0931
- Appointment which can be arranged telephonically
- Email: Offs@westerncape.gov.za
- Postal address: Private Bag 659, Cape Town, 8000